Copyright © Moores Go
Design by Dzignine
Sunday, September 19, 2010

Grand Canyon

We went on vacation! It was a two part affair- first Phoenix to visit Uncle Q and Aunt Karen, and then we all filled our cars with camping gear and headed up to the Grand Canyon for a bit of camping. After many trips flying over the Grand Canyon I finally got to see it from the ground.

As always, Mr. Man was thrilled to be camping. The first morning we woke to find a buck nonchalantly nibbling the tree next to our tent.
Since we were hiking with a three year old we chose to stick to the south rim trail, along the top of the canyon, and not venture down into the canyon itself. None of us was interested in hauling a pooped kiddo uphill when he gave up. However, he maintained full steam for our entire hike along the rim.
"C'mon Aunt Karen, this way!"
I tried not to panic about edges, and the rule was that off the path FFM had to have hold of someone's hand. He was excellent about remembering it, much to the relief of all in our party. Often the edge of the canyon was steps from the path!
Way, way, way down there you just might be able to see the mighty Colorado River (it's green). While I wouldn't rank the Grand Canyon as the prettiest canyon I've ever seen (it is good looking, though - I took plenty of photos!) it's vastness is astounding.
Hey, look, here we are at the Grand Canyon!

0 comments: