Copyright © Moores Go
Design by Dzignine
Thursday, May 20, 2010

Strawberry Pie

Just in case you're worried about us, it's not all been work around here. Well, it has been on the parenting homefront, we seem to be smack in the middle of a case of asserting-my-two-but nearly-three-year-old-independitis, but as we say around here, this too shall pass.

Some of the not-so-much work stuff that's been happening has been strawberry pie. It was so pretty I had to take a picture. Travis and I also made a couple of batches of organic/non-organic (depending on what berries were on sale) strawberry jam and seedless blackberry jam. We are inhaling it and if you stop by we'll share some with you. When Q and Karen were here Q took Karen on her first bike ride since she was a kiddo. It's true, you don't forget - it's just like riding a bike! They were gone longer than expected and pulled a dirty trick on me when they came back. Karen hid while Q asked where the nearest ER was. Then Karen jumped out and said "Just kidding!" Then both pointed at each other claiming it was the others idea as I backtracked from wondering how a terrible bike accident would affect Karen's burgeoning acting acting/screen career...
Speaking of bikes, FFM has mastered his balance bike. Jack across the street will now set up the mini ramp on the sidewalk (because F's not allowed in the street) so he can ride his little red bike over it. There is some elaborate game called rollercoaster that the boys all play that involves taking turns. That's about all the rules F understands, that and getting out of the way, but it works.
This is a photo of the long awaited LAST TOOTH. I have been getting requests to check for this tooth from Mr. Man himself. This means we are finally done with teething!!! I'm sure you can't really see it in this photo, but trust me, it's right there, by that arrow. Right along with the speck of oatmeal left over from breakfast on his chin.
Today marked another of the parenting challenges that you hear about from every parent and wonder if they will actually happen to you. Today was nudity day. I put F down for his nap, an ever increasing point of contention around here, and went outside to survey the yardwork. 20 minutes later I heard feet pitter pattering on the wood floor inside. I peeked, but didn't see anything. Then, all of a sudden, a little nudist clad only in sunglasses and a Broncos baseball hat jumped out from behind a chair, "Mommeeeeee, want to go outsiiiiiiiiiide!"

Trying very, very hard to stifle the gales of laughter bubbling up, I failed. My laughter caused F to burst into tears (remember, he's tired because he's supposed to be asleep AND he knows he's being naughty!). So, we go on a hunt for the missing clothes, which are for some unknown reason hidden in the master bathroom bathtub. Back to bed, but there's been no sleep at all for the wee lad today, *sigh*.

0 comments: