FFM slept in today, until just after 8am. Bliss. It's also a Friday off for Travis so it was bliss for all of us.
Travis fed him breakfast, so I got linger in bed a little longer. Then our Xcel Energy Auditor arrived and we all got distracted giving and getting him information so we can learn about how to make our house more energy efficient. Now it's 10am and I'm just getting around to my breakfast.
I normally have a bowl of cottage cheese with some flax seed meal tossed in (for my omega-3 since I don't like fish). But today I was extra hungry, schedule last night made for a light dinner, so I added a piece of peanut butter toast.
FFM comes scouting around and asks for a bit of my toast, so I gave him one. A few minutes later I hop up to check on the Auditor and come back to find FFM has swiped my toast and is sitting in his chair happily munching away on MY breakfast! I (nicely) swipe it back which causes much distress.
"Mommy, we can share?"
"No, F, this is my breakfast. You had your breakfast and snack."
"We can share? Please?"
"OK, you can have just one more bite."
FFM proceeded to take a bite that would have made his dad, King of the Really Big Bites, very very proud. HALF of my peanut butter toast disappeared into his mouth! And it was a big piece of homemade bread!

0 comments:
Post a Comment