Copyright © Moores Go
Design by Dzignine
Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Sofa Pillow and Blanket Forts

When I was growing up my brothers and I made forts. All the time. Creating our own hideaway space was the ultimate in imaginary play. Our forts were made of pillows stolen from the couch and various blankets Mom would let us play with draped over said pillows and occasionally an overturned rocking chair or card table. We moved a lot so occasionally there would be really big boxes, like new appliance boxes, to tunnel around in. I remember one move my Mom even taped a bunch together, got out the paint, and made us a cardboard playhouse.

But check THIS out (found on Cool Mom Picks today).
Perhaps a bit over the top, but what FUN! Custom made card table covers for your very own fort/play house experience. I also like the library version, complete with books you can check out and shelve...

Find the nifty card table forts at Imaginative Play Toys.

On a totally separate note, FFM got signed up for preschool today. Back when we were in Perth still, but knew we were headed back, I contacted a local program that I thought was pretty good on 'paper' (the internet and my memory of the area) and negotiated a spot on the waitlist (even without any idea of when we'd be here, exactly where we'd be living, when we'd be able to start, etc). We talked about waiting since our elementary starts preschool at age 4, but F's been ASKING to go to school. And ride the school bus, which still won't happen for a few more years. Although after I told him today he'd have to ride the bus by himself, without Mommy or Daddy, the ride-the-school-bus demands have dropped a notch or two.

Anyway, he can start in June during their summer program. It's a nice flexible program and since we'll be gone for a bit in July we can take the month off without paying or losing our spot (yippee!) and then in August the 'school' term starts. Yikes! A true preschooler. Like everyone says, it just goes so fast!

0 comments: