Copyright © Moores Go
Design by Dzignine
Saturday, February 27, 2010

The Big Beginning

WARNING: This post contains moderately graphic Mommy content. If you aren't a Mommy who is used to talking about the stuff that comes out of your kid, then continue reading at your own risk! (it's really not that bad)

You might remember way way back when F and I had the discussion about being a big kid vs. little kid and he declared he was a medium kid. We still have that discussion just about every day, and at our house the holy grail of big-kid-dom is toilet training. He's determined to be a big kid, but has had ZERO and I *really* mean it, zip, zilch, zero, no interest in going potty.

We've read the books, we've practiced, we've watched the videos, picked out underwear, read more books, practiced some more, read more books, we've had random successes, tried going potty on a schedule, nothing's penetrated. F has been showing all the signs of being ready for months, but he summed it up very concisely just last week:

F, "No, Mommy, no potty. I LIKE diapers."

*sigh*

OK, so I'm not going to chain him to the potty, I'm one tough Mom but that's not really my style. So, I wait. And wonder how in the world I'm ever going to do this because my bag of tricks is empty. I don't sweat it too much knowing that a lot of boys aren't ready until they're 3 (tick tock tick tock...) Then I contemplate running away for a long spa weekend while I let Travis figure it out.

Thursday, we had what I call a 'random' potty success, I knew he was about to have that daily 'constitutional' so I plopped him on the potty, hooray! Everyone's happy. But the rest of the day is status quo, diapers as usual. However, Friday...F walks up to me and states, "Mommy need go pee pee in potty RIGHT NOW."

What?

And again. And again, and he told us in the locker room at the swimming pool, and at the restaurant when we went to dinner, and four times this morning. He's in a pull up today and it's been dry all day - including a whole trip to the hardware store.

I am not counting any chickens yet, no way Jose. But F's suddenly all stoked about sticker charts, underwear, flushing, the whole kit and kaboodle. I'm SO excited to see a light in the tunnel of endless diapers!

1 comments:

Kelly says:
at: February 28, 2010 at 7:04 PM said...

Yay for FFM! way to go! Let's hope it continues, fingers crossed for you!! Lots of love xxx