FFM and I have been getting back into the swing of regular routine life. I've been seeing an orthopedist and a physical therapist for my shoulder since before the holidays and the PT has kicked in full steam. I go twice a week and after a slow and painful start (wrong therapist, wrong exercises, wrong wrong wrong) things are on track now and I'm starting to see some improvement. My shoulder only grinds a little tiny bit instead of all the way around, and I'm getting some strength and mobility back. I can move my head and look right now, handy for when I need to change lanes and pass snacks back to FFM. Although that's pretty tough since it's hard on my rotator cuff... he's getting pretty good at catch-the-snack if he needs a snack in the car.
With all the doctor appointments and PT I had to find childcare for FFM. All hail drop in daycare. We did one day a week daycare in Perth and I'd just make all my appointments for that day. Now I just buy a package and can drop FFM off for a minimum of 3omin up to 6 hours whenever I need to. It's a perfect solution for mom's like me who end up with random appointments and just need bits and bobs of daycare. Last time I picked him up he cried because he didn't want to leave.
Through a bizarre scheduling mix-up at our rec center (cancelled then uncancelled swimming lessons) we ended up with swimming lessons AND gymnastics for FFM this month. Now we have: PT Mon and Thurs, swimming Tues and Thurs, and gymnastics Tues. Toss in haircuts, grocery getting, etc and I'm feeling like the ultimate suburban mom. Even more so since I'm driving my mom's borrowed Chevy Tahoe all over town since my little car is rear wheel drive and our street's been snow packed since, oh, about October. We've had about three days of 60F weather and I could drive it home now (it's only the small shady neighborhood streets that are snow packed, all others get clear the day after a storm) but I bet as soon as I go trade cars with mom it snows again.
Speaking of cars, we did buy one. We just had to order it. Turns out we have pretty specific requirements and the one we want wasn't available on any lot within 1,000 mile radius of here. That covers car lots from LA to Chicago, so GMC is building a car just for us. Yippee, we'll get just what we want, we just have to wait 4-6 weeks for it. We ordered it before Christmas, so tack on another week since the plant closes a week for the holidays. We're very happy to have family willing to loan us cars and it's nice it's a short and easy bus ride to work. Hopefully soon Travis will have time to figure out a route to ride his bike, but again the snowy neighborhood streets make that challenging.
And there's news on our shipment! Word is that it's landed in LA. and is awaiting customs inspection. Who knows how long that will take, but it's nice to know it's at least made it this far. There's a chance we'll see our stuff before March after all.
Off to the National Western Stockshow tomorrow, taking advantage of Travis' Friday off to do fun things on a weekday!

0 comments:
Post a Comment