FFM's got a nasty whammy of a cold/strep/earache right now and he's having a hard time sleeping. He's also been pacifier-less since Jan 1, and while we're excited about that it hasn't made for smooth bedtimes every night. Add to that a very creative budding imagination and you get our conversation tonight:
Two things you need to know - 1) he sleeps with a gray stuffed cat every night and 2) this whole conversation started when I went to check on him 30 min after I've put him to bed because he's singing at the top of his raspy little lungs.
Me: F, it's time to be quiet.
FFM: Mommy, not me! Kitty!
Me: Oh really? Kitty?
FFM: Naughty Kitty. Tell Kitty be quiet, go to bed.
Kitty being too noisy. Naughty kitty, Mommy!
At this point he thrusts Kitty toward me for 'punishment.' I'm having a VERY hard time to maintain my serious parental composure.
So we ended with a quiet bedroom, Kitty on patrol against monsters like she's supposed to be, and everyone's asleep now. Me, I'm wondering if my little storyteller is being creative or learning how to prevaricate...

0 comments:
Post a Comment