Copyright © Moores Go
Design by Dzignine
Monday, September 14, 2009

Hangin' in There

I am in a state of flux, and these days I survive by counting the days to 28th and exhaling with relief every time the sun sets on another business day that ends without any mishap. The 28th you say? That's sort of a random day. Aha, but it's CLOSING DAY. Ah, yes, we are in that oft anxiety ridden state known as 'under contract.'

It's actually been pretty good, albeit REALLY REALLY fast with deadlines flying past every single day. I make sure to check email often, and print, sign, scan, and email pages and pages and pages and pages pretty much every day. Travis is very good about doing his part and he's gotten in on the deadline for his pages, too. Our Realtor is top notch and very good about keeping time zones straight and she knows better than I do when Travis is up and when he's not, which is actually a little embarrassing.

We've got one last big step to go before closing, and after we get past that I'll settle in and just wait for the closing date to roll on in. I figure I'll have about a week to chill out before the frantic excitement of moving in starts, in which time I'll go pick out some lovely couches so I'll have something to sit on in 8-10 weeks when they are delivered.

So, the deal's not done yet, as we all know real estate's not done until the fat lady sings and the keys are turned over at the closing table. So cross your fingers and toes and count the days until the 28th.

1 comments:

Kelly says:
at: September 15, 2009 at 6:13 AM said...

How exciting! I have everything crossed for you:)