Copyright © Moores Go
Design by Dzignine
Friday, November 14, 2008

Winter and Fall

Yesterday, FFM learned all about fall...

and made sure to point out all the planes that passed overhead.This morning we all woke up to winter! Good thing I had a snowsuit ready to go and Eric got rid of all the leaves yesterday afternoon. It was only a tiny bit of snow, but enough to make some good tracks in.In between the leaves and the snow there have been many trips on the famous red elephant. This was my elephant when I was about FFM's age. My grandma took me to Woolworth's and apparently I sat down on the elephant and wouldn't get off. Even when we were in the car (this was back before kids had to be in car seats, how did we ever survive?!?!). She's kept it all these years and all kinds of grandkids and great-grandkids have ridden it, but she's never let anyone take it, she's been saving it for FFM.I didn't know/remember this story, but I'll tell you one of my own. We went to a department store in Perth and FFM found a sale table that was covered with a table cloth. Peeking out from under the cloth was a little plastic scooter. He sat down on it and refused to get off. We ended up going home with that little scooter and it's in our backyard in Australia right now. Hmmm...something about the apple not falling far from the tree comes to mind :)
I had really good taste in elephants, she's even got fluffy eyelashes.
Some other news, FFM has his first, first cousin (I've got some cousins we call his cousins since they're close in age). Travis' sister had her baby on election day 11/4 and she's happy and healthy and we can't wait to meet her. It'll be a few months, they're in PA and believe it or not even though we managed to get all the way from Oz to CO it's just not in the cards to make it to PA this trip. Meet Audrey!
And last, but certainly not least, in my long list of catch ups, some wedding pictures from my brother and Karen's wedding. The ones during the day are at the rehearsal picnic. We had a BBQ at a park where there was a little train we could all ride. Then off to rehearse! The night photos were all taken by another guest and I have borrowed them. I was busy keeping FFM from jumping in the pool, tearing down the candles, eating the decorations.....seriously, he was really good.

0 comments: