Here we are, nearly two weeks after turning 9 months and still without an update!
Wednesday we were off to the doc for a developmental check, and good news. Apparently we're developing just fine and are hale and hearty.
But guess what the new doctor discovered! FFM's BIG! Whoa, never would have guessed that. If I had a dollar for every doctor I've gone through this with...well, not quite college tuition yet but getting there. So the doc plotted some growth charts, as I expected, FFM's not really on them. I came home and pulled up some old numbers, including some months where we guessed, and while he's way above the percentile curves his curve still follows their shape. Since he's beyond percentiles on both weight and height the doc says his weight and height are OK and he's healthy. It's when they are out of whack with each other that the doc says to be concerned. Although I did get the reminder not to feed him sweets (again). The twist this time was that the doc added in that chips (french fries) should be avoided, too. I just laughed, (FFM gets crazy healthy food) and decided from now on Travis needs to go with me to checkups so I don't have to keep trying to explain why our baby is so big and tall.
Wednesday we were off to the doc for a developmental check, and good news. Apparently we're developing just fine and are hale and hearty.
But guess what the new doctor discovered! FFM's BIG! Whoa, never would have guessed that. If I had a dollar for every doctor I've gone through this with...well, not quite college tuition yet but getting there. So the doc plotted some growth charts, as I expected, FFM's not really on them. I came home and pulled up some old numbers, including some months where we guessed, and while he's way above the percentile curves his curve still follows their shape. Since he's beyond percentiles on both weight and height the doc says his weight and height are OK and he's healthy. It's when they are out of whack with each other that the doc says to be concerned. Although I did get the reminder not to feed him sweets (again). The twist this time was that the doc added in that chips (french fries) should be avoided, too. I just laughed, (FFM gets crazy healthy food) and decided from now on Travis needs to go with me to checkups so I don't have to keep trying to explain why our baby is so big and tall.
So the stats this month are: 28lbs and just over 31".
It's fall, or autumn as the Aussies say, here. I got fooled into thinking that maybe we'd start to have some cooler weather. It's been glorious all week, about 70-72 during the day. Silly me, forecast this weekend is for a spectacular, clear weekend with temps in the 80s. I'm actually considering a spray tan to cover up my glowing white legs that are constantly blinding passersby.
I'm not complaining about the weather at all, it's so lovely here, I'm just adjusting to life in the southern hemisphere with the seasons flipped. And,so far, in Brisbane it seems the seasons are pretty mild. Weather in Colorado is still so cold and snowy, but everyone there I hear from is in that anxious-for-spring mode. Where at the first hint of any breath of warmth the shorts and sunscreen come out and everyone goes for a hike or bike ride and drives around with the windows down (and the heat on). I want to box up a pint of this weather and mail it to everyone I know who is dealing with another snowy day in CO. Or wherever you are where you are anxiously awaiting the end of winter.

0 comments:
Post a Comment