An interesting Irish note, being 98% Catholic they have NO qualms about wishing you a 'Happy Christmas,' both in person and in advertising. I'm so used to the PC American version, 'Happy Holidays,' that it makes the statement really stand out to me. I even walked past a shop window (a nice shop in a mall) that said, in 12" gold letters "Happy Birthday Jesus." Quite different than what we see in the US!
Holiday shopping is done. Travis finally stopped working long enough this weekend to finish off his Christmas shopping and I think we're all done now. He's still working a crazy schedule, but promises the end is near. If anyone has any last minute requests you better let us know now!
We leave for home (Denver/Avon) next Wednesday, 12/20. We'll be back in Dublin 2 1/2 weeks later on Jan 6. It will be a nice break, I'm ready for some non-MSG infused good old American food. Or actually Mexican food and decent Chinese food!
We leave for home (Denver/Avon) next Wednesday, 12/20. We'll be back in Dublin 2 1/2 weeks later on Jan 6. It will be a nice break, I'm ready for some non-MSG infused good old American food. Or actually Mexican food and decent Chinese food!
Counting down the days... M&T

0 comments:
Post a Comment