I'm finally getting back on track with the website here, and will attempt to update the blog more often so everyone knows what's going on. So, if you're interested in the goings on in Dublin, bookmark this page and check back when you are bored or need a distraction at work!
I did finally get some new pictures posted, from a trip to Milan about a month ago to visit our friend Phil. Phil is in Milan checking up on a plant design project. Once it's designed he'll move to Nigeria (at least I'm pretty sure it's Nigeria) where the plant will be built. We had a great, laid back time visiting, it was just what we needed. Travis was THRILLED to get to eat and drink in Italy, many of you may not know that for years when he was younger he wanted to be a pizza chef when he grew up. Pizza chef, electrical engineer, you can just see the similarties there :)
The biggest change in Dublin so far this winter isn't so much the weather (although there has been a lot of wind lately) but the really short days. At 8am when I finally rolled out of bed this morning the sun was not yet up. Our offical sunrise time today was 8:16 and official sunset is 4:11. I can tell you, though, that by 3:45 it's pretty dark. My computer set up is by a big window and the other day I was typing along and by 3:45 I couldn't see the keyboard anymore. Dinner is a funny event, weekdays we eat when Travis gets home, but on the weekends he's ready for dinner as soon as it gets dark. I have to keep reminding him that we normally eat at about 7pm, not 4!
Hope you enjoy the photos, tune in soon for upcoming events (like our trip home to CO!)

0 comments:
Post a Comment