Copyright © Moores Go
Design by Dzignine
Thursday, September 18, 2014

SAHM?

I'm back to work again and for the last few weeks I've felt like I just can't catch up. Laundry, chores, errands, and cleaning (hah!) all seem to be extra hard to get done. It finally dawned on me that I'm trying to maintain our family's stay at home mom lifestyle without actually really being a SAHM.
I work a few, very few, more hours this year than I did last year and the hours I work shifted a little in the day.  Those two things in conjunction have altered my daily schedule enough that my efforts to preserve the family SAHM lifestyle are slipping. So, I'm letting it slip. Dinners are simpler so I'm not in the kitchen all night and FFM can get to bed in time. Travis is pitching in on laundry duty and FFM has picked up a few extra chores, too. The house is perpetually dusty and I'm working on letting that not bother me so much.
If you've seen me lately and are thinking all this work has made me a little grayer you'd be part right. Mid summer, after nearly twenty years, I decided to stop coloring my hair. I'll try going gray for a few months with a few low lights tossed in to help things blend. So far I'm much happier, for the last couple of years my hair has shown roots about ten days after my monthly coloring. If all else fails and the gray drives me nuts I'll go back to full color, but for now I'm sticking with it!

0 comments: