Copyright © Moores Go
Design by Dzignine
Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Putting Off the Birds and the Bees

FFM is in camp this week at the Denver Museum of Nature and Science. It's his favorite camp over the years and this year he selected Museum Investigators. Each day of the camp they learn about a different part of the museum. Today was Expedition Health Day and they learned all about DNA and how their DNA is a map of themselves. On the way home FFM was explaining all this to me and asked where his DNA came from (for rolling tongue and bendy hitchhiker thumb). I told him some from Dad, some from me. There was a pause in the backseat while the brain cogs turned and he asked "If I grew inside of you that's how I got your DNA in me. How did I get Daddy's DNA?" Scrambling rapidly and wholly unprepared to discuss exactly where babies come from ( all while navigating early downtown rush hour), I told him that DNA can move in all kids of ways. Like the DNA in your hair, your skin, and your spit. He chewed on that for a minute and remarked that spit stays in your mouth. I blew him a big, juicy raspberry and now I'm pretty sure he thinks Travis and I spit on each other to make him. We'll sort him out in a couple years or so.

0 comments: