Copyright © Moores Go
Design by Dzignine
Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Look out Mozart

FFM started music classes three weeks ago.  I'd call them piano lessons but he learns so much more than piano in them that it's hard for me to call them just that.  His small group class sings, they dance, they beat tambourines and sticks, their wonderful teacher even has them writing notes on the staff already and expanding their musical vocabulary.  On the second week they were already going to the 'big' piano and playing in front of the class to pass songs in their book.  I'm floored by how fast these little kids are progressing and absorbing absolutely enormous amounts of information.  I'm not sure I can keep up!

The first two weeks FFM was so excited during class that he literally vibrated so much he couldn't sit still and the other kids complained that he was yelling too much when Miss Kelly asked questions.  By week three he could sit and had apparently been doing listening during weeks one and two because he managed to get answers out, this time without shouting.

FFM has requested that I make a video of him playing so that 'everyone' could see.  I cannot express how much he loves his music, and I'm a very proud parent and happy to indulge him by posting his performance of "Sugar Cookies."

0 comments: