A few days ago I left FFM in the kitchen to finish up his leisurly breakfast while I went upstairs to finish my morning ablutions. He suddenly cried out, "Mommy, there's a fox in the greenbelt!" I peeked out the upstairs window and saw big, loping tracks but no fox. Oh well.
I finished up, came downstairs and asked about the fox. FFM said, "It was a yellowish, grayish fox and it went that way." Yellowish, grayish? Really? I double check, and he stands firm with his description. This kid knows his greenbelt fauna. Not ten minutes later he calls me again and tells me it's back. It's not a fox. It's the biggest, fattest coyote I've ever seen.
Our neighbor has two German Shepherds, one regular size and one extra large size. You can't tell from the photo, my tiny camera's perspective and my nature shooting skill aren't great, but this coyote was bigger than the extra large size German Shepherd. I've seen coyotes in our neighborhood before, but never one this size, and only on the perimeter of the neighborhood at dusk. Keep your kitties in and look out bunnies!

0 comments:
Post a Comment