Our trip for stitches last night threw a kink in my plans to prepare, cook, and serve dinner since it all happened early in the evening. Once Travis was patched up and we were on our way home cries of "Chipotle please!" rang from the backseat so we gladly acquiesced to keep things simple.
The Chipotle we dined in is across from our local high school and is often full of teenagers, even during evenings and weekends. As we ate our food a couple of tall, lanky, boys came in clad in athletic shorts, T-shirts and baseball hats despite the below freezing temperature outside. The boys ordered their food, sat at a table, and then both removed their hats before they started eating. Wow.
I would like to take this moment to say that when FFM and I went to the circus about a month ago there were GROWN MEN who did not remove their hats for the NATIONAL ANTHEM. It made me sad to realize that their kids will grow up not knowing that they are supposed to doff their hats in respect to our nation. I feel a bit restored now that I've also seen that there are families who teach table manners such that even when it's Saturday night at Chipotle (a very casual restaurant) their kids remember to take their hats off to eat.

0 comments:
Post a Comment