Copyright © Moores Go
Design by Dzignine
Sunday, September 4, 2011

WIP

I purchased a sewing machine from a friend this summer.  She's an avid quilter and has snazzy machines.  My mother taught me to sew the last time leggings were in style, say mid to late 80s, and I haven't sewn much since.  I did sew well enough then to make simple clothing items, but like I said, it's been a while since I've sewed anything more complicated than a ruffle or a hem.

So I launched into what seemed like a pretty simple project, armed with my snazzy new-to-me machine and a free off the internet 'pattern.'  After some frustrating attempts, and swearing off free internet patterns, I finally finished my new e-reader case.  Complete with double layers of padding and a contrasting lining.


After my sewing project I decided to return to my regular craft and am knitting that sweater FFM has been asking for. Voila, one set of sweater arms, he's thrilled!  I catch him wearing them as they are in short hibernation while I knit the yoke.

0 comments: