Some days things are just harder. Those days for me always fall when Travis is far, far away on a business trip and won't be back in time to lend a helping hand. I suppose some of it's mental, I KNOW he won't be able to help me tackle the problem or hurdle the insurmountable hill, so I HAVE to do it on my own.
The last 24 hours have thrown more challenges at me than I'm usually due and I'm feeling a bit whingy about it. The cherry on top was a power outage this morning, on a school morning no less. For some reason FFM and I both slept in an hour later than normal, so getting ready for school was a rush punctuated by hasty explanations of why the power had been "unplugged" to our whole neighborhood, as he put it. Luckily even though the school's power was out they soldiered on and had class in the dark, what an adventure!
Just a sampling of the fun bits of stuff to whine about today:
The power outage did a number on our garage door, something got out of whack and our openers stopped working. The powered one in the garage still works but the remote ones in the cars appear to need reprogramming. Annoying feature of our new opener.
Ditto for our 'smart' sprinkler system. Battery backup did not backup even though it was a new battery this spring. Guess it's good to know that if we're gone and the power goes out our lawn could go over a week without water. Can you say dead lawn?
Got some new technology yesterday, set it up, registered online, all that gibberish, and it never worked. Spent all morning attempting to exchange it. Finally got someone in customer service to admit it wasn't working, then do an exchange, and when they scanned my receipt it said I'd already returned it. Ugh. I did finally get this sorted and am hoping round two goes better.
Email notice from the jeweler: we're very sorry, but the wedding set you dropped off with us for servicing two weeks ago is still not ready to be picked up yet, we're a bit behind and it's going to be another two weeks. Maybe. Might be longer. HELLO?! These are my rings?! I've worn them long enough that I feel funny going without them for a few hours, let alone weeks! Grrrr. I'll sound old and grumpy when I say this, but whatever happened to customer service?
Our neighbor kid is supposed to be helping me out by mowing the lawn 1x per week until Travis tells him to stop. He mowed once and hasn't been back. I just KNOW if I go out and mow he'll show up an hour later with his mower.
There is more, oh, so much more, but no one really wants to hear someone else's complaining. If you've made it this far you deserve a medal. The good news is that it's all slooooowwwwwlllllyyyy getting sorted. The best news is that the power is back on so the AC is working and it's nice and cool here in the shade! Popsicsicles for afternoon snack anyone?

0 comments:
Post a Comment