Copyright © Moores Go
Design by Dzignine
Monday, July 25, 2011

Watering and Irrigation

We run our sprinklers early in the morning, as opposed to the middle of the night as I would prefer, so I can check on them to make sure they are working properly.  This morning I found Old Faithful erupting from the corner of our lot so off to Home Depot I went to peruse the sprinkler aisle.
my sprinkler part of the day

My sister-in-law gives me incredulous looks when we talk about irrigation.  South-central Pennsylvanians just don't irrigate, they have enough rain they don't need to.  Those of us in Colorado, we know irrigation.  I'm pretty sure that everyone who maintains their own lawn is very familiar with the "Watering and Irrigation" section of their favorite home improvement store by this time of year.

Normally one would only replace parts that get broken, and trust me, those $2 parts are made to get broken.  I'm still not sure how the corner one broke, it's in the middle of a rock bed where nobody walks and no one mows.  Since I was going anyway of course we Moores decided it was a good time to renovate the rest of the sprinklers that aren't quite tweaked to our liking.

It sounds SO simple, you need to irrigate a patch of grass/shrub/bed without hosing down your house/foundation/deck and in our case play structure.  So you buy that 90 degree spray head thinking it will, in fact, spray  in an arc 90 degrees the advertised 8-15'.  Yeah, remember these are $2 parts?   So, now it's nearly 9:30 at night (I will say it's blessedly cool) and Travis is outside with the flashlight working on the sprinklers.  Again.  Oh, the things we do for yards here in sunny CO!

0 comments: