Wednesday I get a call from my mom telling me Santa has arrived at the mall and that there is no line. Now, I turn around and look at my child in the backseat of the car. His hair is sticking up a million ways, he's got smears of oatmeal on his too small shirt, and remnants of pink toothpaste on his chin. Not a good Santa day. Friday it is.
We arrive just as the mall is opening and FFM gets to watch Santa arrive, with bells jingling. Hooray! Because we're first in line, he even gets to sit and visit with Santa for extra time while the photographer sets up. He gets his whole list out, and of his own volition, even tells Santa some of the thing he should bring Mommy for Christmas.
We stayed for a snack, some playtime at the new mall playground and then headed for the car. I spied some warm clothes (I'm ALWAYS cold now!) and since everyone was still in a very cheery mood we stopped for some unscheduled browsing.Then BAM. Poor FFM glanced away while he was walking and slammed head first into a table, klonking his left eye. One half inch higher and it would have been a trip to the emergency room. Luckily he's just got a little puncture in his lower eyelid and a pretty good black eye. I now know how to get first aid in the mall and a free teddy bear. It's very vain, but I'm glad we'd already been to tell Santa the list and to get the photo as the kiddo now looks like the walking wounded. He was very brave, and recovered remarkably well, especially after guest services arrived with a bear.
And for grins, from left to right, 2009, 2008, and 2007. As always, lots of cheek.

0 comments:
Post a Comment