Upon his return we promptly packed up the car again and headed off to Silverton. Hmmm...say you well educated readers, mid April's a MUDDY time in the mountains. WHY in the world would you choose to go away for a long weekend this time of year?! Ah, my friends, mud is exactly why. Mud makes it not-much-fun to do other stuff. Mud will encourage you to stay indoors and do things like sort through decades of stuff your Mom has asked you to remove from her home now that you have room to store it in your home. And that's exactly what Travis did this weekend.
For nearly as long as I've known him, every time we've gone to Silverton Travis has been assigned some clean out duty. He did not relish this task, especially as it interfered with our fun plans. However, this weekend excursion was planned only for work and he was nearly bouncy. No joke, I even took a picture to prove it.
The weekend plan for F and I was to stay out of the way and let Travis do his thing. I took along my knitting and a new book. I did something this weekend I haven't done in a really really long time, I read an entire book in one weekend. I'm not talking some fluffy chick lit, a real book, and a hefty one at that. It was awesome. I have not been that lazy in a really long time. Like since at least June 29, 2007....
F had a fantastic time playing with Grammie Pen Pen all weekend. He was pretty excited to see some snow in her yard since FINALLY, for the first time since October, the snow in our yard is gone.
F had a fantastic time playing with Grammie Pen Pen all weekend. He was pretty excited to see some snow in her yard since FINALLY, for the first time since October, the snow in our yard is gone.
The mucking out is 99.5% done, I guess even a long weekend isn't quite long enough to go through a lifetime of stuff. Boy, am I proud of Travis, though. A moderate sized car load came back with us, a fair amount of which are LEGOS and a few tools to help with our upcoming home improvement projects. And the best part, from now on every trip to Silverton will be all about play!

1 comments:
at: April 13, 2010 at 7:21 PM said...
Go Travis! I love the feeling you get after a really big clear out.
Just wanted to say that I love the way your blog looks now, very cool:)
Post a Comment