Anyway, boring story made shorter, I ended up getting shoes, not boots. So suddenly I had no boots for winter wear. What to do? On a nearly 70 degree day in Denver on my way to live in Australia I decided to purchase a pair of SNOW BOOTS. I haven't had dedicated snow boots since I owned hot pink and purple Sorels in about 1989. Here I am wondering how I'm going to explain to my darling husband why I decided to buy TWO pairs of shoes, one of which I'll really only need if it snows a lot during the few weeks we are here in Colorado. I decided snow boots last forever, and I'd be miserable and cold if it did snow, so I got 'em.
Next day it snowed. A lot. And the day after that. And pretty much most days since then. Sure, we've had plenty of sunny days, it is Colorado after all, but holy moley (as Skylar would say) it's been plenty snowy! And I've worn those durn boots every single day. No joke. And not just because I feel like I should, I've actually needed them! Don't I feel smart now ;) Or like I cursed everyone who was hoping for good weather...or blessed all the skiers/snowboarders. Looking into the forecast we have a chance of snow every day for the next week. And it's snowing right now. There hasn't been tons of accumulation, it's just been a few inches here and there, but it's sure pretty.
Thanks to J and Lisa who snapped some shots while I was busy playing around in my new boots. Here's what the snow looked like right around Christmas day (Q, don't get too homesick, it's some classic MDV shots!).


That's the monster icicle that forms right by the front door. It's even bigger now and last night I knocked down one that formed just to the right that was about halfway to the deck. Travis is trying to figure out how we can make money charging people for ice-climbing vacations up here...

0 comments:
Post a Comment